This project is read-only.

Keep it all in the EditorPart

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Thought I would put this out there. I don’t think that this SPrello tool should go in a direction that requires a lot of setup by the user. I think this tool should remain independent from any list or library that it is used for. I bring this up for two reasons. First it already started down that path with the "order" column. In order to use ordering it is required that a user setup a order column yet none of that is explained much to the users. Secondly the thought of color coding the cards would be more easily accomplished via calculated columns and custom lists. This raises the entry level for the tool. Meaning users now have to have a good understanding of SPrello and SharePoint column types and how it all works together.

My suggestion is simple, keep all of it in the EditorPart for the WebPart. Don’t require any setup by the user in order to use the webpart. Make it easy on the user. An example would be using drop down combo boxes for the existing configurations instead of relying on the user to type the correct information in.

Jun 15, 2012 at 6:07 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.