Is there a way to not display items older than so many days for a category type?

May 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Hello! Sprello has been a wonderful addition to SP for us to track what a very small team is working on. I have a question about it using it with a simple Task List. We are using the default Status field (Not Started, In Progress, Completed, Deferred) to organize tasks with cards. The issue we're running into is the Completed items are starting to pile up. Is there a way to tell Sprello not to display Completed cards that are older than so many days? I tried configuring a view in the list but I couldn't find that capability with a view either.
Coordinator
May 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Hi Rhartka - thats something that you can do with a SharePoint View (though its not that obvious I'll admit) - then tell SPrello to use that view

As this question is a general SharePoint question (not specific to SPRello) I can't really help with it here (otherwise the volume of support would get out of control and codeplex doesn't put food on the table ;)

If you post your question here you will get a good answer

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/

Make sure its generic enough about creating a SharePoint view rather than specific to SPrello otherwise they will just send you back here ;)

Cross post a link to your q and if someone doesn't help out in a day or two I'll see what I can do!

Cheers...Ryan
May 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Just in case anyone finds it useful:

I got this working by using a custom view for my task list with a custom filter condition written using the SP CAML Query Helper. This isn't as easy as I thought it would be as it involves using the SP Designer to update the view, as the Filter GUI tools for an SP list don't let you create grouped filter conditions like this.
<Query>
    <Where>
        <Or>
            <In>
                <FieldRef Name="Status"/>
                <Values>
                    <Value Type="Text">Not Started</Value>
                    <Value Type="Text">In Progress</Value>
                    <Value Type="Text">Deferred</Value>
                </Values>
            </In>
            <And>
                <Geq>
                    <FieldRef Name="Modified"/>
                    <Value Type="DateTime">
                        <Today OffsetDays="-2"/>
                    </Value>
                </Geq>
                <Eq>
                    <FieldRef Name="Status"/>
                    <Value Type="Text">Completed</Value>
                </Eq>
            </And>
        </Or>
    </Where>
</Query>
The catch to this method is that if items are dragged into the "Completed" column (through Sprello), the adjacent “cards” will have their task items updated to change the Order field and thus update their Modified date, meaning they won't disappear for another 3 days. To work around this, you'd have to only mark items Completed by updating them directly in the list.